Thursday 15 August 2013

The Journey Begins in Earnest

Tuesday was relaxed, and spent mainly in Canterbury wondering the city and having a lovely cooked lunch. The highlight of the day came conveniently between the main meal and dessert when my phone rang. I recognized the number as London but had no idea who it was.

I crossed my fingers as I answered.

But since this is a blog rather than a short story I'm not going to go through the whole conversation. To cut it short, I've been offered the opportunity to get a job as a door-to-door fundraiser. I passed the initial interview and pending two days of training I should be knocking on doors in no time. The pay is good, the hours suit me and the company seems great so here's hoping! Now all I need is to secure that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment